Full Brochure Click Here.
Online Registration and Payment. Coming Soon.
Hotel Reservations. Click Here.
Jeff Proctor, Organizer and Tournament
May 12-15, 2022
Sonesta Atlanta Airport North
1325 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30344
The Sonesta Atlanta Airport North is the former Crowne Plaza. We have negotiated a special room rate of $102 per night from May 11th through May 16th. To book your room online, Click Here, or on the picture of the hotel, and follow the instructions to reserve your room. If you prefer calling the hotel directly at 833-435-0620 or 404-768-6660, mention the Atlanta Northside Backgammon Club or the Group Code "GAM".
Players driving to the tournament will receive a discounted rate of $7 per day for parking. To obtain driving directions to the hotel click here.
This is an American Backgammon Tour
sanctioned event. All USBGF members who cash
in the Championship and Advanced
Divisions will earn ABT points.
All ABT events return 90% of entry fees and 95% return of side pools. Side events return 90% of entry fees and 95% of Side Pools. To download the full brochure containing all information about the Atlanta Spring Classic click here.
Championship* Entry Fee $300 Side Pool $150
Single-elimination with progressive Consolation and progressive Last Chance. 11/9/5-Point matches. Clocked event.
Advanced* Entry Fee $150 Side Pool $50
Single-elimination with progressive Consolation and progressive Last Chance. 9/7/5-Point matches. Clocks preferred but not mandatory.
Novice* Entry Fee $20 (Non-ABT Event. No $10 ABT fee assessed.)
Round-Robin format. 5-point matches.
Taylor-Wilensky Masters* Entry Fee $500 Side Pool $100
Single-elimination event. 13-point matches. Clocks mandatory.
Atlanta Cup* Entry Fee $250 Side Pool $50
Single-elimination. 9-point matches. Limited to players who have not cashed at the Championship or Masters levels. Entry is at the discretion of the Tournament Director and Tournament Advisory Committee.
Speedgammon Entry Fee $50
Single-elimination with continuous entries and reentries. 5-point matches. Clocks mandatory.
Doubles Entry Fee $200 per team. Side Pool $80 per team.
Single-elimination. 7-point matches. Clocks mandatory.
Seniors Entry Fee $50
Single elimination. 7-point matches open to players age 50 and over. Reentries permitted when available. This event takes a lower priority compared with main events.
Warm-up Tournament Entry Fee $25 Side Pool $25
Begins on Thursday evening for players arriving early. 7-point matches with two matches guaranteed to all entrants.
2-point matches begin on Thursday night and run all weekend. Reentries permitted and encouraged.
Numerous 4-player, 8-player jackpots and board tourneys ranging in entry fees will be available all weekend.
Please note: Anyone active in a main event will not be allowed to enter any side events. Main events are noted by an *asterisk. Players should bring their board and a Bronstein clock if they are playing in clocked events. A limited number of ANBGC clocks will be available for use. The Championship, Intermediate, Taylor-Wilensky Masters, Speedgammon, and Doubles are mandatory clocked events.
Registration is accepted by email, mail, and, on-site. Click here for the Official
Registration Form. Please note that pre-registration will close on April 30, 2022.
We will accept pre-registrations for the Championship, Intermediate, Novice Divisions, Taylor-Wilensky Masters, and Atlanta Cup only. All other events will only be available by on-site entry with payment in full by cash only.
Preregistering by email or mail requires a fully completed registration form. At this time you may pay your entry fees and registration fees in full, or pay a minimum deposit of $30. International entries require no deposit. Please enclose a check made out to Jeff Proctor and mail to:
Jeff Proctor ANBGC
144 West Mountain Oak Street
Canton, GA 30115
Players will receive an email confirmation that their entry has been received. If you only paid a deposit, the balance of your entry fees must be paid on-site in cash. Checks will not be accepted on-site.
You may also register on-site and pay your complete entry fees during any open registration period. Open registration on-site will be Thursday evening 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Friday 11 a.m.-11:00 p.m., and Saturday morning 9 a.m.-10 a.m. If you choose this option please print and complete the registration form beforehand in order to help speed up the registration process on-site.
All deposits are fully refundable until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022.
1. The Tournament Director and Tournament Advisory Committee may refuse any entry without reason. Any entrant will be disallowed from playing below his or her skill level.
2. Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations are required of all players entering the playing room. Pictures of vaccination cards can be emailed or shown on-site. As this is an ABT requirement, there will be no exceptions.
3. This tournament plays "Legal Moves". Dice landing flat on top of checkers is considered a valid roll.
4. Championship, Masters, Doubles, and Speedgammon are mandatory clocked events. Clocks may be applied to any match when it is deemed necessary to keep the tournament on schedule.
5. Cell phones are to remain off during matches.
6. The hotel is smoke-free. One, 10-minute smoking break between matches is allowed in designated smoking areas.
7. All matches will be played by the latest USBGF Tournament Rules and Procedures.
8. Posted match times will be enforced. Any player late starting or resuming a match will be assessed the appropriate penalty points for the infraction.
9. Players are required to be members in good standing in the US Backgammon Federation and must pay the $10 ABT fee that is part of the Registration Fee. Novice event players are exempt from this required membership and the ABT Fee.
10. USBGF Member-Players will receive ABT points for cashing in the Championship and Advanced events. The Novice event is not an ABT event and players will not receive ABT points.
11. Players should bring their own board and Bronstein-style clock if playing any mandatory clocked events. A few clocks will be available for loan.